Annual Christmas Party will be December 11. Bring a finger food. Drinks will be provided. If you want to participate in the gift exchange, bring a wrapped gift ($15-$20).

Reminder: There will not be a January meeting.

Sending a Private Message - screenshot tour

TomTom
Site Admin

Sending a Private Message - screenshot tour

Postby TomTom » Tue Oct 11, 2016 1:38 pm

Sending a PM (Private Message), as well as checking your PMs is pretty simple. Below is a screenshot tour of the process, but if anyone needs clarification, please let me know.

When you first login to our website, you can easily see if you have any new messages, and check them here. This is also where you can create a new Private Message.
PMTour01.png
PMTour01.png (117.55 KiB) Viewed 1177 times

Your messages are here, just like in an email program, where you can read and respond to them. This is also where you can create a new Private Message by clicking the "New PM" button.
PMTour02.png
PMTour02.png (80.93 KiB) Viewed 1177 times

If you know the name of the person that you wish to be the recipient (such as TomTom), you can simply type it and click Add. If you are not sure of the name, select "Find a member" (see the next screen). When your name(s) are added in, type a Subject and your Message, then click the Submit button (not shown in the screenshot).
PMTour03.png
PMTour03.png (66.83 KiB) Viewed 1177 times

If you choose "Find a member", simply check off the boxes for the names you wish to be your recipients, then scroll to the bottom and click "Select marked". The names you selectedwill be added to your PM composition window. Simply finish writing your message and send it on it's way.
PMTour04.png
PMTour04.png (59.39 KiB) Viewed 1177 times
A mind needs books as a sword needs a whetstone, if it is to keep its edge.
- Tyrion Lannister

corinneg

Re: Sending a Private Message - screenshot tour

Postby corinneg » Tue Oct 11, 2016 5:26 pm

I know you think I am crazy. But I have done the instructions several times and it still comes up...

(We are sorry, but you are not authorized to use this feature. You may have just registered here and may need to participate more to be able to use this feature. )

I thought I went a different way by sending it to you and Tiny both as menastratives.
That went though yesterday.
Sorry I am so much trouble and thank you for helping.
I showed Stuart just now how it won't let me post and he says something seems to be wrong. But he had to leave for work.

Call if you want to chat

Corinne

TinyJWRinLC
Site Admin

Postby TinyJWRinLC » Tue Oct 11, 2016 7:13 pm

Thanks, I can check this off my things to do list. I'm moving it to tutorials. You can move it back if you disagree.
Not only do I not know what's going on, I wouldn't know what to do about it if I did.
George Carlin

TomTom
Site Admin

Postby TomTom » Tue Oct 11, 2016 10:26 pm

To CG... I'm not sure what may be wrong, but will try to figure it out tomorrow. Meanwhile, you are no bother. We are all in this together and try to help each other.

PS: I thought for sure that when I saw I had a PM, it would be either you or Robin with an entry for the November door-prize. Robin already had the answer at the meeting last night and just needs to send a PM to make it official.
- Tyrion Lannister

TomTom
Site Admin

Postby TomTom » Tue Oct 11, 2016 10:32 pm

And to TinyJWRinLC... yes, I agree. "Tutorials, Training and How-Tos" is a better spot. And if you decide to do a video, it would complement this screenshot tour, but you don't need to rush it. Your demo of it last night was spot on, and actually inspired me to throw this together.
- Tyrion Lannister

Return to “Club Web Site”