Annual Christmas Party will be December 11. Bring a finger food. Drinks will be provided. If you want to participate in the gift exchange, bring a wrapped gift ($15-$20).

Reminder: There not be a January meeting.

Why I Write

TomTom
Site Admin

Why I Write

Postby TomTom » Tue Aug 29, 2017 1:53 am

Why do I write articles for the club website or the club newsletter... or occasionally for my own sadly neglected website?

The simple fact is that many, if not most of the articles I write, started out as notes for my own use. Any time I tackle a new project or try to figure out how to do something new on the computer, I usually take notes to help myself if I need to do the same thing again. After I am done, if I think that the information may help someone else, even just one other person, I will do some minor editing to make it a bit easier to follow. I am no Tolkien, or even Hemingway, nor do I try to be, but am more of a technical writer, and hope that my articles help others make the most of their time with their computers.

In the spirit of this confession, I implore more of you to do the same. Write something for the newsletter and send it to Tiny. Or write a post for the website. It doesn't need to be long. It doesn't even need to be grammatically correct or spelled right, as long as it makes sense. We all tackle tasks on the computer that others may also struggle with, and if you have some tips that could help - even a short paragraph - POST IT, or SEND IT.

I guarantee we will all appreciate it. :D
A mind needs books as a sword needs a whetstone, if it is to keep its edge.
- Tyrion Lannister

Return to “Club Web Site”