Annual Christmas Party will be December 11. Bring a finger food. Drinks will be provided. If you want to participate in the gift exchange, bring a wrapped gift ($15-$20).

Reminder: There will not be a January meeting.

Book Funnel

A place to discuss books, eBooks, audio books, book reading electronics and any other reading things.
TinyJWRinLC
Site Admin

Book Funnel

Postby TinyJWRinLC » Thu Apr 06, 2017 11:22 pm

Book Funnel is a different kind of site for people that like to read. It is designed for authors, not readers. I haven't quite figured the whole scheme yet, but it appears that they are mainly a site that maintains a mailing list that authors can use to advertise their books. I've signed up for the service and will let everyone know how it works.

I found out about Book Funnel when I stumbled across this offer for a free book that looked interesting. Event Horizon 2017 is a compilation of more that 75 new authors eligible for the John W. Campbell Award for Best New Writer. The book is available for free until July 15, 2017.

Clicking on the "Get My Book" link opens a pop up window asking for First Name, Last Name and E-Mail Address. Naturally, I created a new junk e-mail address and submitted it. After doing so, I was told to check my e-mail for a confirmation link. I soon received this e-mail:

BF confirmation E-mail.JPG
BF confirmation E-mail.JPG (65.23 KiB) Viewed 398 times

I clicked the "Get My Free Book" link and this download screen opened.

BF confirmation E-mail.JPG
BF confirmation E-mail.JPG (65.23 KiB) Viewed 398 times

I downloaded the book in EPUB format and downloaded it. A copy is on my phone and works fine. I'll let everyone know of any future developments.
Attachments
BF download.JPG
BF download.JPG (54.64 KiB) Viewed 398 times
Not only do I not know what's going on, I wouldn't know what to do about it if I did.
George Carlin

Return to “All Things Reading”