Annual Christmas Party will be December 11. Bring a finger food. Drinks will be provided. If you want to participate in the gift exchange, bring a wrapped gift ($15-$20).

Reminder: There not be a January meeting.

Funny Movies

It seems we needed a catchall for the things that just didn't fit well into any of the other forums, especially anything not computer-related.
TinyJWRinLC
Site Admin

Funny Movies

Postby TinyJWRinLC » Tue Sep 05, 2017 1:00 am

The BBC polled 253 film critics, 118 women and 135 men, from 52 countries and six continents a simple question: “What do you think are the 10 best comedies of all time? They then created a list of the 100 greatest comedies of all time.

Before I opened the list, I thought of my two favorite funny movies. Blazing Saddles was the only one that made the list (number 20). Even though Jane Fonda is not my favorite actress, I can't believe that Cat Ballou didn't make the list. Is there anyone who didn't laugh at a drunk Lee Marvin on his drunk horse?

BBC Culture - The 100 greatest comedies of all time
Not only do I not know what's going on, I wouldn't know what to do about it if I did.
George Carlin

TomTom
Site Admin

Re: Funny Movies

Postby TomTom » Fri Sep 29, 2017 2:47 am

Some surprises, a few I disagree with, and even more that I never heard of (foreign?)

But, I was delighted to see "The Princess Bride" and "Young Frankenstein", 2 of my all-time favorite movies, as well as "Blazing Saddles".

One of my other all-time favorite movies is not a comedy although there are parts that are funny - "The Man Who Would Be King". There are more, but I am hoping to hear from a few more readers. What are your favorite flicks?
A mind needs books as a sword needs a whetstone, if it is to keep its edge.
- Tyrion Lannister

Return to “Everything Else”