The January club meeting (originally cancelled) will be held at Dot's house at 6pm, January 8. If you need directions, check the "Meeting Notes" forum.

Funny Movies

It seems we needed a catchall for the things that just didn't fit well into any of the other forums, especially anything not computer-related.
TinyJWRinLC
Site Admin

Funny Movies

Postby TinyJWRinLC » Tue Sep 05, 2017 1:00 am

The BBC polled 253 film critics, 118 women and 135 men, from 52 countries and six continents a simple question: “What do you think are the 10 best comedies of all time? They then created a list of the 100 greatest comedies of all time.

Before I opened the list, I thought of my two favorite funny movies. Blazing Saddles was the only one that made the list (number 20). Even though Jane Fonda is not my favorite actress, I can't believe that Cat Ballou didn't make the list. Is there anyone who didn't laugh at a drunk Lee Marvin on his drunk horse?

BBC Culture - The 100 greatest comedies of all time
Not only do I not know what's going on, I wouldn't know what to do about it if I did.
George Carlin

TomTom
Site Admin

Re: Funny Movies

Postby TomTom » Fri Sep 29, 2017 2:47 am

Some surprises, a few I disagree with, and even more that I never heard of (foreign?)

But, I was delighted to see "The Princess Bride" and "Young Frankenstein", 2 of my all-time favorite movies, as well as "Blazing Saddles".

One of my other all-time favorite movies is not a comedy although there are parts that are funny - "The Man Who Would Be King". There are more, but I am hoping to hear from a few more readers. What are your favorite flicks?
A mind needs books as a sword needs a whetstone, if it is to keep its edge.
- Tyrion Lannister

Return to “Everything Else”