Annual Christmas Party will be December 11. Bring a finger food. Drinks will be provided. If you want to participate in the gift exchange, bring a wrapped gift ($15-$20).

Reminder: There will not be a January meeting.

Mamma Griot and Her Rocking Story Bag 11/9/ 6:00PM to 7:30

News and events from the Parish libraries.

Moderator: corinneg

corinneg

Mamma Griot and Her Rocking Story Bag 11/9/ 6:00PM to 7:30

Postby corinneg » Fri Nov 03, 2017 5:58 pm

The Mamma Griot and Her Rocking Story Bag event is scheduled for Thursday 11/9/2017 from 6:00 PM to 7:30 PM at Central Library.
The description for the event is: Join us for an interactive, family friendly program, in which Dr. Naima Johnston-Bush shares traditional folktales and songs that participants choose and sometimes create by selecting items from her Rocking Story Bag. Performing as a "griot" a member of a class of traveling poets, musicians, and storytellers who maintain a tradition of oral history in parts of West Africa, each item tucked away in Mamma's bag represents a story or song from countries around the world. This program is an engaging joyous celebration of music, the universal bonding that occurs through storytelling and the beauty of diversity.

TinyJWRinLC
Site Admin

Re: Mamma Griot and Her Rocking Story Bag 11/9/ 6:00PM to 7:30

Postby TinyJWRinLC » Sat Nov 04, 2017 1:39 am

I don't remember if this is the same performer, but a couple of years ago, I took the grandson to the library to see this type of show. I think I liked it more than he did.
Not only do I not know what's going on, I wouldn't know what to do about it if I did.
George Carlin

Return to “Parish Library Notes”